Sunday 17 April 2011

Garlic Herb Chicken Skewers




Garlic herb chicken with pita bread
In my last post I promised to show one use of the pita style bread that I had made. Usually I would just cut it open and fill the inside with whatever I am eating, but for this meal, I was a bit more lazy and just put everything on top and folded it over.

I made some garlic and herb marinated chicken, and cooked it under a grill on skewers. It would taste even better on the BBQ, but it was a bit cold for that. Now that the weather is warming up, I will soon have the BBQ out.



print recipe


Garlic and herb marinated chicken
Picture of finished recipe.
Chicken in a garlic and herb marinade.
Prep time: 1h0m
Cook time: 0h20m
Total time: 01h20m
Yield: 3 skewers
Ingredients
  • 1 large Chicken breast, cubed
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tbsp mixed herbs, I used some thyme and basil
  • 1 Tsp lemon juice
  • 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped or crushed
Cooking Directions
  1. In a bowl, mix together the butter, herbs and garlic.
    Garlic herb butter
  2. Put the chicken cubes into a container and melt the butter onto the chicken. Leave to rest for 30 mins - 1 hour.


    Chicken marinating
  3. Once the chicken has rested in the marinade, put it onto the skewers. If there is any butter mixture left over, scoop it on top.
    Skewered chicken
  4. Grill the chicken for about 1 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
    Skewered chicken
  5. Serve with some pita style bread.
    Served with my pita bread
As I said earlier, I was lazy and just folded the bread around the chicken, rather than cutting the bread open and putting the chicken inside.
While I was making these my skewers broke, all of the handles came off.

On a good note, I finally finished my university project, just one small one and the exams left. I should be able to post more, and make more interesting food now, which I would say is a pretty good thing. There will probably be less of my pointless rambling though, as I won't really be doing very much other than cooking.

Author:
Matt Conlan

No comments:

Post a Comment